Friday, May 14, 2010

Rose Bush and Film Bust =(

Yay!!! I'm finally done with finals. But now I have to clean my ridiculously messy apartment. =( But I'm back on blogging and I'm done with finals so I'm still happy.

I bought this mini rose bush at Copp's on Sunday and it's already dying. =( Well, not the entire plant, but parts of it. The plate under the plant got stuck in the shades as I was trying to pull the shades up and my plant crashed onto the carpet. In the grueling process, I killed two baby buds and the big rose is dying since the stalk is half severed. Gosh, I'm such a terrible mother. This makes me rethinking about wanting to buy more small plants for my apartment. I may just kill them too.





Some more bad news. This Yashica TL Electro X is an early birthday present from my boyfriend. When we finished shooting the first roll of film and I rewound the film, I found that my boyfriend had put the film in wrong and so the film wasn't able to rewind. Thus, the first roll was completely ruined. =( I was looking forward to seeing how the pictures turned out, but sadly that's not going to happen. I put a new roll in so I'm praying this roll turns out fine.

But I do absolutely LOVE the look of this vintage camera. I love it's design, especially the Yashica tattoo. You can't really see it in this photo, but it's at the top of the pyramid head. The only downside is that this camera is heavy. I swear you can kill someone with this thing. It is that heavy, especially if you pair it with some big lenses.



I also bought this Yashica 35 Electro GSN for myself. I popped in a roll of film already so I hope it's not a bust like the first roll on the Yashica TL was. In my 5th shot, it got stuck. Although I did manage to fix it, I hope that's not a bad sign that the entire roll is ruined. *Fingers crossed.* Comparing the handling of these two models, I think I like the TL more than the GSN though. Focusing on the GSN seem really awkward to me since the area of focus is so tiny! But I'll see how the pictures turn out to judge it entirely.


No comments: