Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lazy Wednesday

I just got back recently from my three weeks working with PEOPLE and it has been an exhausting experience, waking up early and going to sleep late. In short, PEOPLE is a program geared at promoting underprivileged students towards achieving higher education in general, but specifically at Madison. There were about 550 students total and some of them had terrible attitudes and were incredibly rude. They were not supposed to wear inappropriate clothing (no tank tops, cleavage, or short shorts) to present themselves in a respectful manner, so most of them always complained and talked back when they were told to go change. But it was a somewhat positive experience overall. I had a lot of fun hanging out with some of the kids, whether it was eating or playing games.





So now, I'm going to take a few days off to rest and then I have to start studying and getting ready for the GRE.

No comments: