Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dreaming big and small dreams





I am a dreamer, whether they may be small little things or big dreams and aspirations. And that means that sometimes, I miss out on precious moments that happen in the present. Moments that should be loved and appreciated for their sentimental value, but sometimes these moments feel a bit rushed. Before I can even indulge in the present and its treasures, I'm already thinking and planning about the future. So one of my New Year's resolutions is to enjoy the present more and stop thinking so much about the future. What is to come will come, but what treasures I miss now, I can never relive.

But planning for the future is also an inevitable part of living and planning in the present. So I really want to do something this Spring break. I've pretty much stayed home during the last three years, but I want to do something different this year. I am planning on either visiting my friend in San Francisco or going on a trip to Florida with my friends. I would have more of my friends to hang out with in Florida but San Francisco would be less expensive and I would be visiting California for the first time since I moved from Sacramento in 1998.

But either way, I should have an awesome time! Plus, I will get some rather nice weather instead of the cold Midwest winter. Does everybody know their spring break plans? ^_^

5 comments:

THE CHEAP said...

I adore your blog. It's so light and airy and simply beautiful.

Yes, I must also learn to stay in the present as well =)

xx THE CHEAP

Shilpi Tomar said...

BEAUTIFUL! You have some gorgeous pictures on your blog

xx

sftrend

Jenna said...

Loving the photos!

Jenna said...

and yes, live in the present! as for spring break, probably just relax at home. =)

Trou, .ma petite cherie said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments! ^___^