Tuesday, February 1, 2011

La Vie de Bon Bon






Watching Amelie is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's just a beautiful film filled with deep meanings and the simple pleasures of life. More than anything, I love her innocence and unassuming nature. The way she finds happiness in the little things, such as sticking her hand in a bag of seeds or cracking a creme brule, is touching and inspiring. And I think Yann Tiersen is just amazing. The pieces he did for Amelie captures the mood of the film so beautifully and eloquently. If you haven't seen the film yet, I highly recommend it. It's quite old being released in 2001, but you'll want to watch it over and over again.

On a side note, the wind is blowing a storm outside, and the university just announced that there is no school tomorrow! That means I can sleep in and catch up with my readings. ^_^

2 comments:

in a drawing room said...

I love the portrait. Well, the whole series, in fact.

Trou, .ma petite cherie said...

The portrait was inspired by Amelie, but sadly I don't have her great expressions.